Sunday, March 2, 2008

Returning to the Lord our God

Dear Brothers and Sisters The times we live in today are very hard, in Zimbabwe and the world over. All over there is news of strife, poverty, and hunger. There is darkness and persection of sorts over different people and Zimbabweans are no exception to this. The Book of Jeremiah in Chapter 24 verses 5 and 6 makes an interesting appeal to me. A call for the exiles to return to God. One of the experiences that I have had while in exile is that of losing hope for my country and just getting tired of this life. Well there are many factors that may lead one to such feelings but certainly the fact that we away from Home and lost in a part of the world that is not our place has its toll on every soul at one stage or another. At this time of experiencing such feelings I have asked myself why I am here. This passage of scripture answers the question; it is God who has purposed it preciously for our own good - see verse 5. We are the good figs that God has intended to protect and save from the corruption and grave circumstances that could have affected us in our own land. God has sent us out to foreign lands that we may recuperate, that we may enter into His rest and most affectionaltey that He may set His eyes upon us for good. That is an owesome thing to know that God has His eyes upon me. It lifts my spirit and encourages me and gives me a sense of belonging and security. God will in His time at the appointed season send us back to our homeland there is no doubt about that. What is important for us then is to seek Him now. Seek and find Him so that we are not left out of His Grand plan; to build us up and not pull us down, to plant us and not pluck us up. Many have been planted in Churches, families and industries. Your purspose there is to be built up by God to impact our land in a massive God driven manner. Is this not amazing guys, that God has such a purpose for us. The call is therefore for us to return to God, to seek Him with all our hearts, with all our lives and with all our souls. We are His people and He is our God. We need Him and He needs us for our mother land. It begins with you the individual, spreading to communities and reaching out to a nation in need of God's healing touch. Will you be a part of these good figs? Will you be a House of Prayer being built up and planted for the good of our nation? I encourage you countrymen to come to God our Father, our Healer, our Redeemer, our Source, our Strength, our Hope and our Help. Come let us seek Him in truth and in earnest while He may still be found. PRAYER- Dear Heavenly Father, the creator of the Heavens and Earth. I thank you that my life is your hands, that my presence in a foreign land is according to your design and that you have brought me here to seek and find you and to have you build me up and plant me for good. May you heal me and may you comfort me. May your Mercy and Grace be sufficient for me and my country. I come as I am to you, recieve and accept me. Thank you Lord in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour. Thank you for praying this prayer. May all the Praise, Glory and Adoration be to our God. AMEN !!!!!!! Tell others about this blog. Thank you.

No comments: